Associate Director, Product Design leads Product Design at GreyOrange and reports into the VP, Product. This role is responsible for creating design strategy for the product portfolio and implementing the same using a team of UI/UX Designers and Industrial Designers. This position is based in Singapore and shall manage a team that is distributed in India and Singapore offices.
- Lead Product Design team that works on all products across UI, UX and Industrial design. Empower, mentor and grow the designers for a productive and collaborative environment
- Responsible for Design strategy and its implementation by working with Product management, Software and Hardware Engineering teams
- Build the right processes and workflows for day-to-day execution in time and with right quality. Be ready to be flexible with design process at relevant times to meet business-critical goals at times.
- Understand business context and scale the team to set high, global relevant design standards
- Ensure design team is able to execute at scale without loss in quality as we scale up our products
- Empower the team to proactively lead iteration cycles with stakeholders and push designs forward according to product vision and business goals
- Support the Product and Engineering team in creating prototypes for new products and tools
- Be highly communicative and responsive
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas and innovation
- Singapore National or PR’s only.
- Designed Software and Hardware products - preferably with Enterprise experience
- 10+ years’ experience as a Designer with proven experience leading design efforts as individual contributor, manager and leader
- Worked with international teams - especially India and Singapore
- People management experience for 10+ member teams
- Extensive mastery of design tools
- Project management for operationally complicated software/ hardware products